To find what you are looking for:

Custom Search

Friday, September 12, 2008

It's all about respect... but respect for who?

Yoooooooooooooooo...!!! Everybody's thugged out all of a sudden! But hey, this ain't no news. If you tell me that this is a first, then you've been living in a cave hiding within the shell of a turtle with your head buried in the dirt like an ostrich.

I mean, everybody is literally DEMANDING for respect. Well too bad if I just don't wanna give it to you, 'cause the only peeps I respect are me, myself and I. They are and will always remain my best friends for life.

I can respect myself 'cause, like I said on my previous post (The Law Giver), I love who I am. I don't love what I do though, the 9 to 5 and all that comes with it, and sometimes I feel like hitting my coach over the head with a sledge hammer (trust me... that ain't gonna happen... but it's just a feeling :P).

But at least, i do my thang thang on the side, busting beats, spit on'em, do the things I love so that others can appreciate them. That deserve respect.

But even if that deserves respect, some peeps will tell you (and we're talking peeps who ain't got respect for themselves or other) that respect is not given but instead it is earned. Although this may be true, coming from them people makes it SOOOOOOOOOO untrue.

When you do something with dedication for the love of yourself and others, this deserves respect.

When you apply an ultimatum in order to gain respect, or if you use fear, deception, manipulation, coercion or anything disrespectful in order to gain the respect of others... you will most definitely not receive that respect.

Instead, you receive disdain or contempt.

What is contempt BTW:

From Wordnet Search 3.0:

contempt: lack of respect accompanied by a feeling of intense dislike

Stick it into your head... unless you come to respect yourself first... I ain't gonna respect you. ;)

Peace

J.

No comments: